Accelerated High School Denver
The Accelerated Schools High School in Denver emphasizes grade gains, graduation, and academic success. Our very low student-teacher ratios allow us to track and instruct each student based on their individual needs. Students can start at any time during the year.
They often come to us needing to earn credit in a particular subject or in order to graduate. Others come to get help with a particular subject. Our extensive staff allows students to remediate virtually any credit needed to graduate or qualify for college.
Other students attend to accelerate their high school graduation. The school operates year-round, and offers class on Saturdays and in the evening. Motivated students can complete high school in three years. Classes are structured in such a way that tasks are straightforward and easily performed. Consequently, the vast majority of class time is spent exploring the academic topic. Very little time is spent on giving instructions, leaving the teacher free to offer individual help where needed. Homework assignments are limited to one hour per evening and are usually the same for everyone, although the homework can also be structured to remediate specific needs. The classwork is writing intensive. Math is done as independent study, again allowing students to work at their own pace and get as much assistance as they need. Over the last thirty years these techniques have resulted in grade gains in subject areas approximately every forty hours.
For the best High School in Denver call 303.758.2003 or click here to fill out our contact form.
- "I can't thank the two of you (Jane & Toni) enough for all that you have done for me. You are in my book of memories forever." Georgia S.
- "Just a letter to thank you for all of the help you have given me during all the rough times in my life. You affected my life greatly when I felt there was no one else around that cared. You were always there for me. You taught me so much, like never to give up and to always believe in myself. You showed me there was so much in life waiting for me. You guided me down the rough roads in life a d reminded me that I was a good person." JoLynn P.
- "We are very pleased with Sean's success at Accelerated Schools. He also is very proud of himself. We hope that this is the way he will perform for the whole school year. That he will do his homework and excels in his studies at School." Willa M.
- "Thank you for listening so often and so well to us. I am so pleased with Mike's recent choices to attend college. I wanted to share his most recent report card." David G.
- "I can see the recent positive change in Donnie already. Thank you for giving him a chance to excel in your program." Ruth T.
- "Just a note of thanks for all you've done for Mike. For the first time, he is anxious to go to school and shows real enthusiasm. His attitude is much better and feels a responsibility to get his homework done. He feels the daily report card has a lot to do with his new-found efforts, but most of all, he credits you all for caring about him. I want you to know how much we appreciate everything you do." Cathy S.
- "It is hard to believe that summer is over and school year has already started. Vanessa had a great summer, thanks to all of you. You would not believe how much she has changed and grown up in the last couple of months. The real reason for this letter is to let you know how thankful we are to you and the school and how much you have done for us. I know Vanessa wouldn't have come as far as she has come without your help and support. Thank you just isn't enough but it is the best the English language has come up with so far. Thanks again!" Carol F.
- "I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all that you have done for me. I know I was not easy to deal with and before I got on the right track. I apologize for all that. I probably wouldn't have made it through this year and graduated if you had not been so determined. Don't forget me! Jennifer M.
- "A BIG thank you to all the teachers and staff at Accelerated Schools. Jessica's grades at mid-quarter this year are the best she has ever brought home... Thank you!" Susan H.
- "I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for helping Keith. He has been on the Honor Roll all of last year since he left from Accelerated Schools. Also I would like to thank you for being so patient and understanding with our other problems and issues." Gary S.
- "Dear Teachers of Accelerated Schools; It has been a pleasure to have my daughter Candice in your six-week accelerated program. All I can say is WOW –what a school! Candice's grades and attitude have gone up at least 125%. There are not enough words to describe how important your school and this program is for all kids! It is good to know that there are still some good people and programs out there to help parents and kids as well. My daughter needed help right then and there to which you responded right immediately! Thanks again." Michael M.
- "I have never really let you know what a tremendous influence you (Toni O'Keefe, teacher) and Accelerated Schools have had on my life. I look at my life now and what it took me to become the person I am. Both of You (Toni & the school) played BIG role in my belief of me and other people. You showed me that even "problem children" can be loved and respected and can reach the goals they put in front of them. I'm sure you have many students, past and present, who feel the same way. They may not always let you know this. You mean so much for both me and my family. You are spoken of often and in high regard, you saved my life! Laura M.
- "Happy Holidays"! Hi Jane & the Gang, I hope you have a wonderful X-mas. My boyfriend just moved in with me and I have been making art for the Holidays! Doing well! Nishi W.
- "Thank you" so much for helping me get through these past 5 years. I couldn't have done it without you to lean on, complain to, cry with etc. You are special (Jane Queen, Exec. Director) & wonderful person and I consider myself fortunate & Blessed to have known you and worked with at Accelerated Schools. And thanks for all your advice concerning my little one. Gloria C.
- "Thank you so much for the time you spent with us while we visited your school. What a treat it was to learn about your curriculum and tour your campus. We are so lucky to have this kind of a program to offer our students in the Denver area. Thank you again from all three of us". Kim K.
- "I just want to express my thanks to you for giving Jimmy a chance. When we brought him to Accelerated Schools, I thought we had very little chance of getting him an education. You have changed that! He now has a World of possibilities. He will always struggle with school but thanks to you and AS, he now believes in himself. You have given my son something priceless. Thank you for being part of the solution." Kathleen R.
- "Well it has been a year of big changes. We are writing to let you know how Alana is doing and to thank you for making such a big difference in our lives. As you know Alana went through a rehabilitation program in Canada. Well to make a long story short, she now continues in a rehab program and works in a small local Café. She is still a "Flower Child" but living a "clean" life. The sweet girl we remembered is back! Words cannot express our gratitude for your kindness, strengths and support for Alana and us. We truly believe that without the love you gave to Alana, we would not have our daughter with us now. God Bless YOU and Accelerated Schools!" The Miller Family
- I just want to say "Thank you" for your patience and understanding with Sofia. I do appreciate all you've done. You'll be happy to know that.
- Having been an only child with busy and distracted parents, coming to your school was like being adopted into a big, messy, happy, caring family. I got new brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles the day I enrolled. It was a warm and homey school experience, highlighted by many occurrences...Henry lighting fires in the fireplaces on frozen mornings, the private jokes that only one class and teacher understood, the squabbles and making up within our small group of impish kids, and the roll of Shirley's eyes when I would explain at the front counter why I was late. Again. The only thing I regret about my time at the school was never getting to see the third floor. It was always such a mystery...even today I occasionally dream about it (I just know Frances Moore's spirit still roams the halls up there!). Thanks, for being a port in the storm when I needed it most. Sandy C.
- It has been six years since I first decided to stay in Denver and attend Accelerated Schools. Since I graduated I have worked hard to complete both my Bachelor's and Master's degrees in five years. I started working in one of the largest financial investment companies last December as a project analyst and staff accountant. Whenever I sit down to think about the people I need to thank, I think of you and the school. You gave me a new start and terrific opportunity. You guided me to work out my problems. Your endless support, encouragement and great, great kindness have made me want to thank you as one of the greatest persons in my life million times. Because of you , I have become e better person. Thank you so much! Isaac F.
- Jane – Thank you for everything, you've helped me this summer! Thank you for helping me complete the four extra hours I had to do. I will bring all my work to you next week. I will be seeing you around and will come back to visit. I should be getting my senior pictures soon, I'll send one to you when I get them. Thanks! Jayme K.
- Dear faculty and administration of Accelerated Schools; Thank you so much for giving James a firm foundation when we were most in need. Accelerated Schools was most definitely the right place for him! We are grateful for your encouragement, time, your delightful sense of humor, and your love of James. As you know he is no going to college this fall but he is happy, quite busy with his job and music, and full of self-esteem. We appreciate all of you. Jim & Robey F.
- I honestly don't know how we would have survived this year without you and Accelerated Schools. You've been a life-saver, handling impossible situations calmly, firmly and logically. There just aren't words that can express out thanks to you! Your patience, kindness & empathy are so appreciated. It was such a relief when out strength was sapped and we felt like giving up, to have you step in with your strength and clear thinking and turn the situation around. We'll always be grateful to you. Nancy, Mike & Chris H.
- We greatly appreciate the time and effort you devoted to helping us and our daughter, Rachel, through a difficult time in her life, and in our relationship with her. Your professional guidance contributed significantly to Rachel's current academic success, as well as our improved relationship as a family. Although she attended Accelerated Schools for a brief time, the methods used to modify a student behavior, and redirect them, worked well with Rachel. You will be pleased to know she has become more serious about her goals and being responsible for the success or failure she may experience in attaining those goals. We wish you and the staff of Accelerated Schools continued success in offering an alternative to the standard approach to teaching. Please accept our check as a Thank you… for the great work you do.. Terrie & Harvey A.
- Thank you so much for all that you have done for Nick & Brian. Tom & I have never had the kind of strength and support that you have given us to deal with our situation with Nick before now. We really appreciate your counsel and work with Nick. We have written him thankful we are that God has spared his life, and we pray that he'll settle down and apply himself to growing in the confidence that he needs. May God bless you all." Claudia & Tom L.
- We need to say thank you, again, for your support and advise. It was rather pathetic how emotionally drained we were, enough to say "just go...". That was quite scary. Things have improve a lot – in just few short weeks. We often see signs of the other person who has lived here. School is now Heather's only source of income. She decided that working over a hot grill for minimum wage was not very enjoyable – thank goodness! We realize that this will not be totally smooth-sailing from here on. Jane, you are such a special person, really... Just knowing there is help, if we need it, makes such a difference in how we look at each day. Thank you, thank you! Mike & Jana M.
- I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful opportunity you have given Liz to enhance her academic skills. She is a good soul and I am certain will blossom during her stay at Accelerated Schools. With all sincerity, my deepest gratitude... Gary S.
- Saying Thank You to you seems so insignificant to what you have done for our family. In several hours, you managed to helped us more than anyone has over the past 7,5 years. Your words, encouragement and empathy for our situation has helped all of us more than all of the individual counselors, social workers, family therapists, communication specialists, and the list goes on and on.. You bridged a gap that is now enabling our family to try and put the pieces together again. Paige is truly putting forth an effort that I haven't seen before in years. You truly helped save our family unit, and we are all extremely grateful. Margi G.
- I just want to say thank you for all you have done for me. Thank you for helping me realize my full potential. I'll stay in touch and will come and see everyone soon. So thanks once again for believing in me. Titus B.
- Pat & I would like to thank you, Karen and the entire staff of Accelerated Schools for the diligence and caring about Cory. Though the return on our investment may be far down somewhere, we are certain you've all played a large part in preparing him for the journey. Bless you all! Mike & Pat R.
- Cliff & I wanted to give each of you not only a thank you, but also congratulates we well. Tyler has arrived at a milestone (high school graduation) in his life a bit later than most, but it has been an eventful journey. You were the people that were able to plant the seed in Tyler's mind that he might be able to succeed academically in high school and then College…. So, without going on, let me say thank you and job well done for the impact you had on Tyler's life. It seems so easy to move on in our lives and forget the people that helped point us in the right direction. With best regards, Brenda & Cliff G.
- I just want to thanks for the very productive time Ian has spent at Accelerated Schools and a special thanks to all the staff … We will let him rest for the summer and will be getting in touch with you again, by the end of July, about fall enrollment. Thank you. Fi N.
- Thank you for all the time you have spent with us and Jessica over the past few months. I am not sure where next year will take us - but I know we would have had a hard time getting through this year without you and Accelerated Schools. Have a wonderful summer and thank you. Holly A.
- Thank you for all your help this year. Not only does my transcript look so much better, but I feel hundred times better about myself Lottie B.
- Reegan, Tom and I can't thank you enough for the amazing "turnaround" we've seen in Reegan this semester. Accelerated Schools has truly empowered her and allowed for success academically during this period of healing. This may not be good-buy, but it is a heartfelt thank you. Diane & Tom S.
- Thank you so much for the invaluable time of learning. After Accelerated Schools, I fell empowered in my skills as a student. I've also learned discipline and seen the results of true hard work. Thank you of enabling me to discover more about my hidden gifts through Accelerated Schools. Reegan S.
- This is Alex M. I am writing this Thank you –note to say thank you. Also to let you know that last semester I got one A, three B's and two C's. I want to thank you so much for all your help. I know that those are not the best grades I can get but I will use what I learned at Accelerated Schools last year and apply it to my classes this year. Thank you. Alex M.
- Attending Randell Moore, Accelerated Schools, in 1983 and 1984, changed my life. It was the first team of staff members that really showed an interest in what I was doing with my life. They gave me the encouragement, confidence and discipline I needed to excel in school and in life. I give Jane Queen all the credit for keeping me in school long enough to graduate. She is the one who convinced me a diploma would get me farther in life than a GED. I also met lifelong friends that to this day am in constant touch with and that is very special to me too.Cathy K.
- Words cannot express how grateful I am, to you, for being willing to work with Adam the past year and one half. Though these were moments of good; I know there were more moments of bad! You stuck with him when it wasn't easy, to see him at least complete his sophmore year. Please give my most sincere thank you to Sam, Marco, Bryon, Bonnie for their help, also.
None of us know what the future holds for Adam (or any of us) - I am in constant prayer that his life will head in the right direction. I do know that your positive influence and that of your staff will be with him all of his life though he doesn't realize it now. Carolyn L.
- I know it has been a challenging year for all of us, but I can't thank you & your staff enough for your patience, grace, & professionalism. Please convey my personal thanks to Sam, Bonnie, Bryon, & Marco in particular.
It will be interesting to see what the new school year brings for Adam & what he does with it.
In the meantime, I am most grateful for our partnership, Jane. I hope the coming months are kind to you, personally and professionally. John L.