Letter from the Director
I am excited and honored to be taking on this new role as Executive Director for Accelerated Schools. When I started with Accelerated Schools in August of 2012 as a teacher, I fell in love with this school and all that it had to offer students. A place where students can feel successful and be able to learn at their own pace. This idea for education is hard to find in the world that we live in today. As a mom of three kids, I understand the need to find what works best for each student. Actually, two of my children have attended and graduated from Accelerated Schools. This is where they needed to be, and how they needed to learn, to finally feel and be successful in school.
This need for students to find what works for them is something that I feel is important for all children, and Accelerated Schools is an amazing school to help students and families with that every day.
I am lucky to have a wonderful team here at the school that also believes in our six core values as much as I do. If you are not familiar with our Core Values, they are:
- Catching kids doing the right thing is paramount.
- In a safe and secure environment, every student will have an Individualized Success Plan.
- Honesty and integrity guide our decisions. We will have High morals, principles, and values. All people will be treated with dignity and respect.
- Cooperative efforts (students, teachers, staff, parents, and guardians) will be used in saving students’ academic lives.
- Accelerated Schools will manifest a private school identity where teamwork is the norm.
- All students will progress at their own pace from where they are to where their highest potential lies.
Even though faces may change here at the school, please know that our commitment to your family and your student remains the same. I would like to introduce to you the rest of the Admin Team. Aundrea McCormick is our Principal, and Evan Simpson is our Dean of Students. Together with the rest of our amazing staff that you will get to know throughout the year, we will continue to make Accelerated Schools the Individualized Learning Sanctuary that we have been for the last 40+ years.
Please know my door is always open if you should have any questions or concerns or just want to come and chat.